Hello all I have been following this post for some time now and working every weekend to get my project ready for paint .I plan on doing it the brightside way two tone gray ,one part brightside steel grey the other darker mixed with black {formula TBD}
I have a 1936 chevy 5 window master coupe that was media blasted and PPG primmed a long time ago I intend to rough up the PPG primmer and apply the interlux two part epoxy primmer it will act as a filler and is sandable and I dont expect any bonding problems with the paint afterwords.I know it will cost more but I can say I did it myself.
The coupe totally apart works out to approx 26 separate pieces to be painted most can lay flat on a table .
Should be at it some time in May I will post progress pics

Things have changed {big time} since my April post.
I am now going with the tremclad method .I went to home depot and had them scan the brightside paint I had picked out I was going to use tremclad as a base and top the car with brightside.
They could not match the steel gray bright side but the color that came out is a nice dark grey { I like it }
I am in the process of priming the entire car with tremclad primmer they have a new can primmer that fills minor scratches and is sandable.
I hope to be paint some of the body panels this week end.

3612252-DSC01637.JPG (507 downloads)