Hello All. I've spent most of my spare time this past week reading all three threads. I appreciate everyone sharing their sucesses and failures. It has been very educational and entertaining!

My project is a 69 Cougar that I think will look very with single stage paint. I plan to do the body work this winter and paint next spring. I visited my local West Marine today and spoke with a very helpful salesman who gave me brochures for Interlux and Petit and also a West Marine painting guide. He told me the Petit Easypoxy was comparable to Interlux Brightside. I only mention this because Petit has some different colors including a nice burgundy that some folks were looking for.

I do have a question about the timing of the final wetsand and polish. Martin's advice to do this within a couple of days makes most sense to me, but others have advised to wait weeks or months. It seems like the wetsanding and polishing would be easier (and more successful) while the paint is relatively soft. I understand that paint needs to breathe so it shouldn't be waxed, but is there any reason hold off on the polishing?