Quote:

Quote:

This guy is a HOOT! He claims that the $50 paint job is a myth, but that you can get professional results for just a bit more by simply buying his DVD... borrowing a compressor... and a paint gun... and a garage.

He even links you to a site where a guy got amazing results with rolled Rustoleum to prove that rolled Rustoleum doesn't work... Huh?

http://www.easypaintyourcar.com/CarPainting/fiftydollarmyth.html

"1) Paint the car the same or similar color.

2) Borrow an HVLP gun and compressor.

3) Buy the paint. Your cost? $31 for a quart of great quality single stage urethane paint. $13 for activator (hardener) $10 for reducer (thinner). Okay guys, get out your calculator. Uh, $55. If you decide to do a radically different color, you may need a little more paint."

He makes it sound like my only neighbor, a 78 year old widow, has a HLVP gun and a air compressor for me to borrow.

Neil Slade Method<69chargeryeehaa method

not to mention primer and primer sealer, and the reducers (hardener) for all of it. plus urethane paint is hard to lay down.
I used duplicolor paint on one car, probably the cheapest paint you can buy, it was single stage acrylic enamel, supplies cost me about $300, for the paint, primer, primer sealer, and reducers. I don't know what paint this guy is referring to, but any auto paint that cheap is bound to be CRAP.... plus you need a decent compressor to shoot using HVLP, over 7scfm at 40psi minimum, which usually works out to be 7+HP and over a 50gal tank, unless you like to paint and stop alot to let the compressor catch up...been there done that....