Quote:

Is there some big advantage to using Brightside over Rustoleum? I went with the latter and I love the color I picked (Gloss Royal Blue), but the further I get into this, the more I'm convinced this will not be the only vehicle I paint using this method - it's just too much fun! So if there is a major advantage to using one over the other for the next car, please share

The advantage is shine, brightside stays shiny even after it dries while rustoleom dulls when it dries, so I am doing 2 coats of rustoleum and 2 coats (all sprayed) of Brightside.
There was a guy claiming that rustoleum gets affected by Brake cleaner, it does not, once it is fully dry it won't get affected by Brake cleaner as he claimed. that information scared me a little, so I decided to combine the coats of paint to avoid that.

I am also painting my Suburban with Rustoleum Gloss Royal Blue, love the color, I was planning on painting a couple of coats of Brightside Blue paint on top of that but I think I will stick with all Rustoleum on that Suburban. then I will paint another Car with Gloss Black Rusto.

It is for sure a lot of fun !