Quote:

Quote:

SOMEONE IN THE KNOW PLEASE TEST YOUR PERFECT MIX WITH A VISCOSITY CUP!! Why are we all banging our heads on the mix issue? I've seen 50/50 down to 10%. C'mon, someone be a hero and help us out! This method would take into account everyone's local temps.
http://www.amazon.com/Wagner-0153165-VISCOSITY-CUP/dp/B00069P9KG

exactly, why is everyone banging their heads? its not that serious, just experiment a lil and u will find what works for you. there is not going to be any PERFECT percent mix that works for everyone, with every paint, in every climate.

i've allways said it is highly dependant on temperature and most importantly humidity. When i do the first few coats, if it's a new can of paint, i usually just use the straight paint (no mineral spirits), as i approach the final 4 coats, i typically add about 10%, and near the final coat i'm at about 15%, 20% MAX (regardless of climate). But i can say that there is no set mix, i've never exceeded 20%, and the conditions change as the can is used, so as the can gets older, and has been used i find you have to thin it more and more. But, it's more of a "feel" thing, i know when i'm mixing the paint in my tray, what consistancy i need, you either "got it" or you don't!!!!! I could just lie and say use 10% if that makes you all happy!!!