BTW, I was following this topic way back when it started. haven't been reading it in the last month.

Just thought I would mention that I picked up an issue of HotRodder magazine today. On the frontpage it said something along the lines of good $98 paint job. Knew it was the tremclad stuff. I think there's about 4-5 pages on it. It even mentions this thread.

Also, about a year ago I decided to paint the hood off my racing lawnmower with tremclad. Other then the fact that I didn't thin the paint enough its now ROCK solid! I don't think much could damage the paint. It was even getting hard to key.

I will be painting my 74 Nova SS soon. Its currently grey primer(student on a budget). I can't decide on colours. Either Charleston green(dark green) with big black racing stripes or a blue with white racing stripes. The only problem I'm having right now is that I can't find a dark blue that doesn't look purply. Any advice? I'm limitted to the Canadian TremClad. Have limitted access to the Rustoleum stuff.

Here's a picture of my car when I got it several years ago. If anyone could recommend a choice that would be great! The motor's coming out soon and I wouldn't mind painting the car while the motors out. Then I have something to work on while the paints drying.
http://www.renowneddesign.net/nova/DSCF0121.JPG(YES - The hood scoop IS coming off. I have the original which is still burgendy)

Last edited by topdogger; 06/12/07 06:31 PM.