[quote} ill have to try the soap n water technique sometime. seems logical in a way.

Funny enough.. the soap in the water serves two functions... it acts like a lubricant ( helping the wet sanding paper glide over the surface better ) and it helps to suspend the 'mud' ( artifacts removed by the wet sanding ). This makes it easier to blast the residue or mud off the part when you give it the final rinsing off with the hose. I guess the other thing that the soap does is that helps the wet sanding paper to not get clogged up with the stuff you are wetsanding...

During the wet sanding process I am constantly sticking the foam with the wet sanding paper on it in to the bucket and swishing it around to get the stuff stuck to the sand paper off it... and to reload it with more soapy water.

Thanks for the kind words. Like a lot of people here I had a lot of questions during the painting of my car. So I know when it comes to an important thing like rolling paint on our 'ride' the more information that is available will help others during their painting.