Thanks, mybuick. The entire truck will get a full coat of rusto primer and sanded with 600 before it gets any paint. I was just wondering if I could primer the truck first and do the bodywork and bondo over it. I want to get the rust under control, and this is a long term project as I have very little time to actually work on it. It's also my daily driver right now so I can't do anything that will put it down for a while. I want to get something on it before winter. I was hoping to be putting the 440 in it this month, but I will be putting that off for another couple months while I gather more parts and get more bodywork done.

A question about the paint. I've read people posting about rusto "profesional" and "stops rust" type paints. Are there really any differences in the two? The local Wal-mart and Home Depot only have the "stops rust" type paint. Wal-mart also has a similar paint by Krylon. Has anybody tried that brand? I haven't looked at Lowes or Menards as they are not in my town. I'm assuming I can use the "stops rust" type rustoleum without any problems.