Quote:

Ah crap. I should have taken care of the car more then. I had no idea how bird poop could peel off paint. Darnit. I guess you live and learn. That was a new experience for me.

Bird poop is seriously nasty stuff for any paint job... and it can also do a real number waxed bodies... The enzymes in the poo eat away at just about anything...

And when you have poo sitting on a car that is out in the sun.. the poo becomes a sort of concentrator of the heat delivered by the sun. So instead of the body panel being able to dissipate the heat evenly.. it instead concentrates it in one spot.. causing damage to whatever is beneath the poo. Just imagine this to better understand what I am saying... The sun beating down on your car is something the paint was designed to handle... BUT if you used a magnifying glass to concentrate the heat on one spot it will cause damage ( in the same way as an ant can walk around under the sun but it pops and explodes when a magnifying glass concentrates the sun's rays directly on it ).

Sadly I have flocks of Cardinals that fly and poop around my house. And they seem to particularly love eating berries. It's almost bad enough that I would be tempted to buy one of those car covers just to cut down on the crap that falls out of the sky.