Hello rollers.
I found the original thread via a link from somewhere I no longer recall, and have been reading it off and on over the past year. I'm not a Mopar guy, but that doesn't seem to be a requirement for this thread. Well, recently a roller opportunity presented itself in the form of my '87 BMW 325i race car. Spraying was too messy, and not much cheaper than Maaco. Being that I'm a racer, saving a buck anywhere is paramount. So, I have elected to give this a try.
My home PC is currently down, so I can't post pictures just yet. The patient had peeling clearcoat on all the top surfaces which I spent a lot of time removing. The stuff on the hood literally blew off with a little work from the DA. After much sanding, trying to fix the bigger dents (good training opportunity, this) today I was finally ready to 'roll'. A special thank you to Marq for finding Brightside. I elected to go this route because, frankly, the Rustoleum is too labor intensive for a mediocre gloss IMO. Having just put coat #1 on the car, I am amazed with the Brightside. If you can tolerate it's minimal color choice, this paint is the way to go.

One thing I did find was that it is best to make small 'batches' of thinned paint. I got about half the car done and found the paint began drying quite a bit faster, making it more trouble to get the bubbles out.
I am very pleased with the finish thus far but have one question: I don't have horrible orange peel or bubble issues, but there are several areas where the paint isn't 'level' because of overlap and so forth. I'm thinking a good wet sand even at this stage may be wise. Anyone have thoughts? Wasted effort or a good idea?
Rolling is actually fun! I'll post some photos as soon as possible.