Quote:

Marq, Ive laid down 3 coats of brightside on my trunk (see last picture I posted) it really reflective but its also got some orange peel. now, It seems like for every coat of BS, its like 2 coats of rusty\trem. So far Ive wet sanded with 600 and 800. The final third coat has not been wet sanded. I know to wet sand with 1000g now, but if I wet sand it using 1000g it will become dull. im guessing this is where the polishing comes in. but what im trying to ask is, when you polish a surface, will it become dull again when the wax eventually wears off?

i'm not marq but.....you should go to a higher grit sand paper before polishing jsut to make polishing easier.....1200, or 1500, or even 2000. the higher(or lower depending on how you look at it) grit you go the dullness will get less and less. polishing should make it shine....the wax is jsut a protectant and the paint should shine before the wax is even applied. if you don't keep it waxed and the paint starts to oxydize(sp) or get dull you can polish that out and re-wax.