DAMN! I got some real bad luck here!

For the past month, we haven't gotten any rain. So today I wake up extra early to work on my project. I go outside and check out the conditions. No rain clouds? check. warm temp? check. all signs were go. this time, I'm done with rusty paint and I bust out the interlux brightside black and start on the trunk. While prepping the surface, i looked up for rainclouds and looked good so far. I start to lay down the BS paint. this paint is THICK, like tar thick, lol. I was really tempted to mix some mineral spirits with it. but i was told I didn't have to do so. well, the first coat gave complete coverage and sure enough, I had orange peel, not much though.I'm hoping when I sand it with 600g and when it dries, it'll get rid of the orange peel. or maybe i didn't squeeze the excess paint before rolling?

I went to triple check the weather online. So after painting, i went inside for about 30 min. ate breakfast and went to weather.com. turns out we had %30 chance of scattered rain clouds. so I go outside to see dark clouds out in the distance and the ground wet. i ran over to my car and saw this

in those 30 min while i was inside, it rained. I go outside to find it sunny.