Speaking of spraying the hood...

From what I've read through the numerous threads and compilation websites I've found on this method, I've found that there's about 2 ways to go about door jambs and under the hood, as well as other areas that don't need a lot of attention.

69chargeryeehaa said,
Quote:

i don't sand/polish the underhood and door jambs, it looks fine just as it is. the wetsanding and buffing is only done for the exterior that you see. it does not look out of place at all, the natural finish looks great, besides those areas such as door jambs are full of curves, ect...and it's hard to even see a difference in finish at all.

Exit1965 said,
Quote:

For door jambs, engine bays, etc., it is easier to use spray cans or spray the paint on if you have a compressor. I used a compressor and gun to paint my door jambs, and used a refillable rechargable spray can from Harbor Frieght to paint my engine bay. Using one of those refillable cans allows you to get the exact same color since you're using the exact same paint you're rolling with (although it doesn't need to be thinned quite as much).

So what I'm wondering is... What have other people done? It would be a lot easier to just spray the bottom of the hood and I plan on spraying inside the engine bay with some sort of satin black spray anyways... But what about the little L shaped lip around the hood, have people been painting the hood and then opening it to paint that lip and under the hood? Removing the hood altogether?

And as for door jambs, what have you guys been doing? I'm thinking of just using a small foam brush and a roller when I can, and just do the jambs, inside of the door, then outside of the door... And then close the door for wet sanding and open it again for the next coat?

Maybe I'm making things more complicated than they should be, and I should just go ahead an roll the whole exterior out, get it completely finished and then go back and mask off everything but the jambs and under the hood and spray it?

Anyways, please share what order and what methods you guys have been doing these not-often seen areas.