Are you talking lightweight hose like XRP or Russels?

I have to say that the XRP featherweight stuff, though a little pricey is super light and very manageable around turns in the chassis. It also is very attractive in being simply black in color.
On the other hand, the aluminum fuel line is also ultra light but needs to be installed with good clamps along the way to prevent dreaded vibration. It is extremely difficult to bend correctly without kinking it or collapsing it. I went this route and it looks fantastic, but I had sore hands, muscles and no curse words left in me for the next few days after almost a week of routing it and making careful mandrel bends.
My setup is 1/2 aluminum hard line from the tanks pick up all the way to the firewall just underneath the wheel well. The XRP starts at the fire wall to the carb from there.

I don't see why not for the 3/8 aluminum tube at the carbs. Just make sure your inverted flares are neat and strong. Lots of work, but rewarded later.
Both the aluminum 1/2 line and lightweight hose are within ounces of each other at the very least or the same. Not too much fittings for either one depending on how neat and carefully you route it through the chassis.

Thank you on the doors. It has been a long elusive road to find them and a longer road of friendship to get TPR to massage them.