Originally Posted By moparx
how "large" is large when the hydraulic ram is needed ? i know of some that are available, but i think the biggest is 1 1/2". [?]
beer

I know that they make 2" punches maybe larger. I'm trying to remember the ram kit that we had at my last TV station and what was the largest size in that. When you make more than one or two holes or once you go larger than 1" you will wish that you have the ram. I only have have up to 1 1/4" and only use a wrench. If you are making a row of holes that is were the ram comes in. I uses these all the time for chassis mounting male and female XLR connectors and DB 9 connectors in equipment. That is how I started to use Greenlee punches 30 years ago building racks in studios. SO I started to us them to make firewall holes that look factory and that holds a grommet tight. That said I have been giving my drill press and workout at slow speed and cutting fluid with my hole saws on the thicker metal. I took out 1 LBS off the ebrake assy with the drill press.

Last edited by Bob J; 04/22/17 01:54 PM.

07 Porsche C2 997.1 6spd DD and SCCA Solo II SS
68 Plymouth GTX Convert. 493cu Hotkiss Wilwood Classic air, Building for Solo II Cam
65 Chrysler 300 Convert. project
57 Desoto 2dr. Firesweep 392 Hemi,Wilwood Project with son
2003 Dodge Dakota R/T "DEAD"