Excuse the prehistoric technology but I still have the 10.2 Factory Drum setup on all four corners. The Factory Drums are lighter than the Factory Disc brakes even though a friend of mine Special K disagrees. I used the drum assemblies shown below to save 1-1/2 Lbs from each drum over the Factory Finned type Drum assemblies. The finned types even though they may cool off better, carry a heavy surplus rotational wise. The plus side of drums is that you can back off the adjusters and free wheel them slightly at the track where as the Discs have a slight or heavy drag from the pads naturally. This practice is of course rather risky and only for the experienced drivers accustomed to their tracks. In my case, it is interesting when trying to slow the pup after the run though. not for the faint at heart.
Now of course, after market Discs the likes of Aero, Wilwood, Strange, etc. may be all together lighter than drums and not create much drag at all depending on the calipers and such. I have not heard much about that.
Keep in mind that there is a difference in mass and weight between 11" drums and the 10.2 drums.
Factory Strut rods and hardware are 6-1/4 Lbs for the pair, Aluminum non adjustable types like those available from Mancini are 3 Lbs a pair. Saves 3-1/4 lbs. I made my own strut rod coned washers out of aluminum though.

7566972-IMG_0436.JPG (290 downloads)
Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 01/30/13 11:58 AM.