Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
WOW, NOS A-100's? Those bases were to keep the driver up and high in those vans/trucks I guess.

I've had them for years, since like 1998 maybe? Got them from a guy in Freeport, he had about 10-12 sets of them in a basement. I was dumb, shoulda bought them all but I had no place to put 'em, I lived in a one bedroom apartment in Queens at the time.

Here's the OE base by itself, without the seat tracks. The tracks bolt to the bottom of the seat and to the flat overhang at the back of the base. The tracks are held in the front by a rod that goes through the bottom of the tracks and those vertical supports. You can see it in the pic above, there's a U-bracket on the bottom of each track with two holes that the rod passes through. The rod is held in place with push nuts on each side.

This steel plate was bolted to the back of each the seats, you can see the holes in the cover. That plate is thick, weighs like 5 lbs.

Here's the base I modified. I cut it an an angle like the S/S seat brackets. I inhaled a lot of dust that day, my lungs were not happy. Not half as light as the S/S seat brackets unfortunately but I was willing to sacrifice a few lbs. for a better seat position.

You can see here how much I cut it down. The bases have a 90 degree bend at the bottom where they bolt to the floor. The one I cut was rusted badly so I didn't care about cutting it up.

Kinda cool to see how they were used in something other than the S/S cars, you don't really see that stuff every day. Forgotten factory odd ball minutiae.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500