Originally Posted By Thumperdart
50/50 isn`t always the best answer and some cars I know actually end up putting weight back up front to make em leave better..............

I'm building a road race car. And yes, 50/50 is not necessarily the ideal, but certainly 60/40 is not good. E-bodies were the original 5.0L Fox bodies... hard to find one that never got turned around and hit something.

I've got some weight yet to put back there... the original 7 1/4" rear is getting swapped for an 8 3/4", i'm hoping for some rear discs, its getting a rear sway bar, and heavier leafs, there's a rear spoiler to go on there and the battery is going back there, but thats about it. I have a LOT ov weight yet to go up front, and its gonna take every trick in my bag to keep it from going past the current 61/39 frt/rr the scales read. If i could afford the fiberglass hood and aluminum heads right off the bat it'd be a great start... but i cant. I'm hoping to make its maiden voyage down the street this summer (with the 383 i already have for it while i find me a smallblock) at 3200lbs. That shouldn't be hard... but while thats light for a big block E-body, its still not light. Under 3000lbs and still all steel (save hood) with BIG meats all around is the goal...

Feyd angle chop .png
Last edited by Pale_Roader; 03/30/16 08:37 AM.