See below for how I approached my wiring. It's a Ron Francis "Bare Bonz" fuse panel.

They advertise it as a a 'race car' deal but there are provisions for regular pass car stuff like lights, turn signals etc.

It's pretty basic stuff, nothing like in the Yellow Bullet wiring thread.

The main benefit of this type of panel is that it allows you to have only whats needed. The other benefit is there winds up being little in the way of excess wiring since you can tailor the lengths and routing as you wish. I've taken enough OE harnesses apart to know that there is a bunch of excess wire because of structural obstacles, layout, moving parts/heat and other equipment. It all adds up.

The main drawback is figuring out how to adapt it to our cars since it's a generic (read - brand X) scheme. Nothing matches up so there is a little thought involved. I made it twice as difficult for myself by trying to use as much of the OE wiring a possible. You could get a generic wring kit to make it work which would probably be easiest. Honestly, re-engineering my under dash wiring has been a real P.I.T.A.

IMG_3814.JPG

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500