Excuse my sarcasm. but there's no trick in deleting a whole hood. I would think that a cleverly gutted hood is more the flavor pill for your car, plus the absence of it would create such an aerodynamic drag that it would contradict the weight savings. I think it is illegal to run with out one in the door classes as well.
In real world theory, I think your hood can be gutted a little bit here and there and still use the hinges and latches.
The extreme method being to gut it in a precise surgical way where four hood pins (Aluminum) could be the anchors for the hood and it still is steel. Probably will only shave about 20 lbs going the extreme route.
I'm not sure what glass companies may be out there that make good quality hoods that are that long in size and still retain a firm good looking stance. Homework.
The K member is another story. You would just have to really study the whole animal and make good real sound decisions. I know that there are many little pockets in that car that can be leaned out. maybe an ounce here, a pound there, but it could be done till a maximum point in street trim. Good luck.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 01/14/13 04:57 PM.