Believe it or not, my K is more or less bone stock since all I did was cut off and sand smooth the original motor mounts positions.
The K is a very important part to the cars front end stability and I just will not dip it because dipping has a tendency to really weaken or thin out areas that can not be seen by the naked eye, so off limits for me on that technique even with controlled dip periods.
That is why I limit dipping to non crucial components that basically hang there for the ride. Doors are the most stretch that I would go.

The Factory experimented with Magnesium and thin gauge stainless K's, but it was the stainless K's that more or less made limited production but were prone to cracking from the violent wheel stands and drunkenness of the AFX's.
Stainless depending on its alloy properties can stress crack often with out notice, so exotic alloys have been introduced to it through the military's usage of stainless. Perhaps aircraft grade 321 stainless may be able to hang in such unfriendly environments such as the K's. I don't know for sure.

I could not peacefully install a stainless K that has been through the gauntlet of past abuse, especially banged up, twisted and welded examples. It would have to be a perfect and unu$ed $ample and even then, I would practice an often rigorous multi-point inspection of its stress points. Good practice anyway in any quick car.

At days end, I will not go the tubular route, but rather shave and weld the side pinch rails a little like what DVW has meticulously done to his stock K or in a dream world scenario, have a completely stock looking type built out of titanium. It sure would be pretty.