Quote:

Some cars just are what ends up on our laps.
Some cars are just a direct self challenge to make efficient and fast. I personally thought that for obvious reasons, my car would look big and heavy to most eyes including within the Mopar camp.
I guess you can say that we all pick our own theoretical limits and try to puncture through and have a sense of achievement. No disrespect of course, but going the way of the bottle or the hairdryer just was not my cup of heat. I'd rather struggle and invent as I go.

Plus, I just, just,just love the early B-bodies and their history.

I hear ya. I had this wonderful plan ov building a 6-71 blown and injected 400 stock stroke lowdeck for this car, but the more i thought about it the more simple became appealing. I fell in love with certain N/A engines and now have to scoff anytime i read about boost (though the big gnarly roots route will never not be cool...). I can build a very light car without it shaking loose on public roads, or without wearing out the motor on my holesaw, or without supermegafancy high-dollar parts... so why not? Its not just about speed. Handling, braking, wear and tear... So many bonuses.

And to clarify... your car in particular was a no-brainer for this... i can think ov too many better starting points. Its just the late B-body guys, the 73-74 guys, the F-body guys... etc. Its amazing how much heavier a car can get as it 'evolves' though the years. I have a friend, a Chevy friend with the same mindset... he likes early Camaros and wanted a killer Z-28. So he bought the Chevy version ov my car... a stripper 6cyl 67 Camaro... and when he scaled that thing (before jumping into the project), well... it made me jealous...

I haven't been able to actually start this particular project yet, but i'm getting close. Just lining up all my ducks first. I've got my phases all lined up as well. There was a guy around here you'd have loved to have a long chat with. He was a Fox-body Mustang guy, but a diet nut like us. His 87 5.0L LX was pretty damn stock looking, but weighed less than most 302 Pintos. He used to preach the gospel to crowds down at the street races, and get into straightjacket detail about the things you could do... and everyone would just start to glaze over... and the whole time i'm standing back thinking... wow, this guy must have a job as crappy as mine... That was a fast car. Wish i'd have not lost contact with him.