Here's something that I've forgotten about and maybe it was because it was FORD related but maybe could work on Mopars via similar bolt patterns.
At the street haunts back in the early 90's, I took note to some fast Street Mustangs running what appeared to be Donut spare wheels as front runner wheel/tire combo's. I shortly found out that they were indeed using the Donut spare wheels out of Lincoln Town cars and or Marauders and installing skinny front runner tires on them. In some cases, even using the 50 MPH limit spare tires themselves.
Why you ask?
Idiots, but not so idiotic in terms of necessity.
Here's why.
Some or all of those Donut rims were actually lightweight forged Aluminum wheels and after being painted black, they could surely fool their own kind. Not this cat though, I've busted a share amount of cheats on the streets and these were some savvy cats out on Fountain Ave and 150th St.
Anyway, I never talked about it for reasons that nodded towards safety. I was not at all Kosher with spare wheels being pushed past the 130 MPH limits.
It would not surprise me if on occasion,this thread leaned towards the stupid things that were done to cut weight. I've got many stories behind that curtain.LOL.