I have decided to share a "weight loss" story from 2 days ago.
Even though I don't post unless I have something interesting I check on this topic regularly. So on Wednesday on my way through the race forum I spot a post " A little disappointed in Mickey Thompson". I run Mickey Thompson tires on my drag car so I decided to read the post. What happened is the guy wanted a new set of 26 X 4.5 X 15 ET FRONTS and the new tire is 26 X 4.0 X 15. So I think to myself what if they did that to the size I run and they weigh less? So I stopped what I was doing on this site and went to the Mickey Thompson tire site and look up the ET FRONT tire section. Just I had hoped for my tire size 27.5 X 4.5 X 15 was now 27.5 X 4.0 X 15. They only did about 3 sizes so far and they are now called Light Weight ET Fronts! My current tires weigh in at 13 lbs and the new tires are 12 lbs. Since I'm due for new tires this will not COST anything extra and reduce 2 lbs of rotating weight up front! The narrow tires don't bulge as much on the side walls reducing rolling resistance also! With the new drilled rotors it will be -3 lbs of rotating weight. Now it gets even better! While in my race folder looking at tire info I spot my Wilwood info. I decide to check on EBAY and see if any of the ultra light calipers are listed. After checking a while I found an oddly listed pair of the ultra light calipers listed and the auction ending 4pm that day! I put in a decent bid and won! WOW! Take off another pound with the new calipers and pads!
I'll be back soon with what I found on the inside door handle pivots! MJ