I'm not in front of my papers, but it's pennies from the dollar as I call it. If I remember, both clamps still weighed a few micros less compared to one, but the advantage was double security. So the savings was not much at all, a few ounces if that. LOL. They are available from Mcmasters.

On the subject of your friends K-member. If indeed it is a Titanium piece, than it must be from the later super covert Pro-stock years during the early 70's when Trick Titanium over in Troy were in bed with Chrysler under the direction of Ted Spehar I believe.
I was lucky enough to work with Larry Klajda at Trick Titanium on a few fasteners and things on my car before they moved further up north in Michigan, but not on a K-member unfortunately. Plus it would have been a fortune close enough to the one on Ebay recently. It's still there trying to fetch a bid of some kind.

If it's an early to mid sixties K-member and made out of Titanium, than it's a one of one. It could also be confused with one of a half a dozen Magnesium K's which could have been instigated by the creation of the four 2% AFX cars of 64'
The 65' AFX cars had Lightweight stainless K's from what I know and were light, but not that light at 4 lbs unless of course if it's a mag. They also cracked under those wild wheel stands common during the day. A friend of mine threw one in the garbage here in Brooklyn when he found it to have cracks. Who knew. Funny enough, my K is not lightened other than the Motor mounts that have been removed in favor of the front engine plate.
Here's a few Ti fasteners on the engine.

7563713-IMG_0462.JPG (305 downloads)
Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 01/27/13 07:30 PM.