Oh... and here's another prime example ov why THE #1 rule for building a light car remains:

START WITH THE RIGHT CAR.

I scored a used, beat and trashed rear valence for my Challenger for $30. The bondo was cracking bad, but flipping it, i saw only one small hole in the metal... so the core was solid. Dented and beat, but solid. So i took the grinder to it... and a couple hours later i'm down to bare metal. I like mean looking cars, so no bondo will be going back into this thing... just a thin coat ov epoxy. I weighed it before: 9.5lbs. Just for kicks... i weighed it after... 7.5lbs. This thing, as small as it is... had TWO POUNDS ov paint and bondo on it. Now... imagine what two full quarters, two doors and two fenders can hide?, not to mention this thing had ONE coat ov paint on it. My last car had five. My friends Duster had six full paint jobs on it... one over the other. When i used to work for a Mopar restoration shop i remember this beautiful 71 Demon coming in. Well, he wanted it stripped. One ov the quarters had 1" to 1 1/2" ov bondo... from nearly front to back. The other was only a bit better. How much would a 1 1/4" thick quarter panel weigh...???

So, to recap:

Get the earliest version ov the car you want (ie: 70 Challenger over a 74, 68 Charger over a 70, 67 Dart over a 69, etc.)

Get one with original paint. Get a car with nothing to hide. And for Christsakes... do some metalwork and bang that [censored] out... dont just spackle more filler over top. I've seen a LOT ov race cars at the track with this disease...

TWO POUNDS... Haha, i was ecstatic. Wasn't even looking for weight this time!