This is going to be more fun than I thought!
Doug,
The all time best which turned out to be on a warm day is 9.499 at 139.60MPH!
I am running a non numbers .030 over 1970 iron block!
I started out with this car almost 47 years ago. The only things I've had longer are my birth certificate and high school diploma!
You have to know what the car likes. Not long ago my chassis man built me a set of merge collectors no charge just to see what happened? I made a test run for a baseline cooled the car off and put on the merge collectors. I made a run with the new collectors and the car slowed down a 10th !@#$%^&*()_! I made another run when it was cooler and no better. Took them off and gave them back!
Have done a lot of research since and maybe other things should have been done to make them work?
Weight off the front half is a given but don't expect a 10lb loss to show up on the next time slip! Other things like air density and track conditions could wipe out the gain on that day.
So I will open the door for a sneak peek!
Take a look at those back tires in the pictures. They are grabbing the track and wrinkling up. Those are the lightest wheels I could afford at the time. There are no tubes inside them and no screws in them. I did my home work and don't like drilling holes in new expensive wheels.
You want to go in deep?
What did the screws save besides rotating weight?
Less aero drag running around in clean air by the back wheels.
I am doing my home work to see if I should put back the front turn signal lenses to keep the air going into the two big holes in the bumper??? I thought removing the front turn signals would benefit two fold. One being less weight and another being more air to the radiator. But if you have so much air building up in the engine compartment that you have to add a center hood pin to keep the hood down maybe there's too much air?
Mopar John

Last edited by moparjohn; 12/21/16 10:28 PM.