I'm running at the moment, but in short, it was created in baby steps because I did not want to ruin the virgin aluminum sheet. I had attempted a couple of times before I found the right cat to bring in the troops of a power hammer, English wheel, Martin hammers and dollies along with his expert tig welding. I couldn't weld myself out of a popcorn box.

I'll have some photos with a full recount of the hood very soon to be seen for the first time. It was very primitive at first and then it started to take shape.
The scoop itself built out of frustration that everyone was laughing me off stage or simply that no one was making it at the time (AFX 10/15 Hemi Dragster style) was actually a specimen from the dark ages. Explanation later as well.

It was 3003 grade aluminum which is both weldable friendly and takes to shape forming easily. The gauge was .o25 IIRC. I'll have to look in my notes from way back.

You would not believe how I have made some of these parts in the most craziest ways with a rock on a hard place.