OK, so now that I have a cool-guy roll bar in my Duster, I am looking at trying to offset some of the added weight. Roll bar story is chronicled here.

I figure a 6-point, CM roll bar with steel floor plates weighs around 60 lbs but I'm not sure and forgot to ask about it. Doh!

Anyway...trying to decide whether to put the back seat back in. I don't think I weighed them when I took it out but I figure it's around 50-60 lbs between the cushion and seat back.

Not having a back seat is something I am torn on. I don't often have passengers but it would be nice to take the kids out for ice cream or to a cruise night once in a while.

There's also the steel hood which I'm thinking should probably be replaced by a glass one. Thinking it would be a pin-on type to ditch the hinges and springs.

I'm a little torn on that too since the OE flat steel hood has been on the car from day one. Don't want to end up looking like every other Duster out there with a 6 pack scoop. I know there are other options and I could also keep the flat style. Just thinking out loud though, trying to reason these things through. A pin-on hood is a P.I.T.A. for sure.

Not certain if a 'street weight' glass hood is worth the price since you still have the OE hinges.

Last thing on the list is the OE driveshaft which I am looking to replace with aluminum. I'm not one of those guys who goes to the JY and pulls a driveshaft out of a late model truck or something so I'll likely call up one of the driveline companies and order one up.

Thinking I might end up under 3,000 if I ditch the back seat, replace the hood and the driveshaft. Last time I weighed the car it was 3,060 without me and a full tank of gas.

Since then I've replaced the front brakes with Wilwoods, replaced the fuel tank with an aluminum one but added the roll bar. Also removed a bunch of unnecessary wiring and the wiper system.

Whadya all think of the plan?

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500