Just wanted to add a note here.

Went to Carlisle thinking I would get a fiberglass hood for my Duster from AAR/Stinger who always have a spot there. Didn't buy one.

Their hoods appear to be well made but they are pricey. Not faulting them for charging what they do, I'm sure it is not cheap to make them. If you don't happen to live close to them or pick one up at a show, shipping is around $160 so you're getting up into the $800 range if you decide to go with one of their parts. Seems like benefit to cost ratio might be a little lopsided.

I looked at the cowl hood they had and it just seemed to say 'look at me' a little too much. They don't make anything lower than 4", no one buys them, not even the Chebby guys. For $625, I think I made the right call. Didn't really think I wanted a Six-Pack style hood/scoop either, just too ubiquitous.

They sold the one flat hood they had which would have probably been the one I would have bought. Probably should have called ahead to reserve one but that was a fail on my part. Interestingly enough, the owner said they had more requests for flat hoods than they anticipated. I guess guys want the 'stealth' look these days.

I asked him about hood springs and he said they were working on a source for lightweight ones and may have them within a few weeks.

So thinking beyond buying a 'glass hood, I'd be interested in hearing what the best method might be for lightening a steel hood is and if it's worth doing.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500