Hah! Nice to see this thread still cruisin'...

My lil wreck just lost close to 100lbs and i haven't even started on it yet. Decided to run a Magnum smallblock instead ov the 383 i have. That also means smaller headers, less exhaust diameter (and because exhaust is one place i utterly refuse to skimp, i'll probably go full thickness stainless, that will all add up). Further, i sold my B1's, which as far as aluminum goes, were bloody heavy (barely less than stock iron) and hope to go Edelbrocks on the smallblock, which will offer real weight savings (probably at the expense ov quality... but i'm no longer building 600+ HP here...). Also decided to ditch the stock 15x8" steelies for lightweight rims... which is another 30lbs more or less.

The only bad thing is, this thing (70 Challenger 6cyl/3-speed stripper) is extremely front heavy... and as i'm building for road race, i want to get as close to 50/50 as i can. I'm finding a lot ov free weight (read: tricky stuff), but its all in the rear. Heh... this is frustrating. Doing some quick math, if i put it on the diet i had planned, with no thought given towards frt/rr weight bias, it will end up worse than the 61/39 it already is. Grrrr....

Heh... anyone who insists a smallblock or even a 6cyl E-body is a balanced car has obviously never had one on good scales...