Not much in weight savings to be honest, but enough to satisfy the cause.

I won't really know the numbers till I get back to my small 3Lb/ounce limit scale back home, but I think IIRC it saves around a pound total between both sides. This includes the backing plates that hold the striker in place which I already and easily cut and tapped out of flat stock aluminum.

I chose the tempered 7075 to see how it fares to the doors tooth wheel and tension shoe pad when closing and opening.
I was seriously asked to make a few extras by some cats at the Nats, but I had to explain that a hand formed piece just takes too much time to justify the limited production run.
Taking the art side out of it, say if I made a jig and produced a bunch along with R&D time, how many people are going through these great lengths to take off a few ounces or even a pound alone, probably just a hand full of madmen. LOL.
The same was with the 70'-72' stock looking Duster front bumper brackets that I made years ago for a friend. Very few that want a stock look where as many would just want a well built lightweight piece that serves the purpose.