Originally Posted By fullmetaljacket
Man, life is good within white picket fence lines and paper boyz flicking the morning paper at the front door. LOL.

Ha! Funny thing about that picture of my old hood, not so white-pickety fency as you would think. The drug addicts from the halfway house on Jericho used to steal stuff out of my car in my driveway at night. You could hear every fart can racer or rice rocket on Jericho from 110 to Round Swamp Road all day, every day. One of my neighbors was 'connected' and got pinched right before we moved. Plus, we were right in the flight path to BOTH airports, it was pretty constant, almost felt like you could reach up and touch the planes. CT is much quieter, Long Island is a friggin' zoo.

BTW, my paper never made it to my front door either, usually wound up under one of our cars or in a bush. Since we moved it doesn't even make it to my driveway anymore, it gets thrown across the street.

The Ram is nice and will definitely pull the mail and the mailbox.
If I remember correctly, you've got a 400 BB with a stick in the older truck. Am I correct?

The Ram does the job, it's a nice truck. Got the towing package thing. Very comfortable. But, it's a REALLY heavy vehicle, you can feel how substantial it is. I wish the car companies would try to make cars lighter. Miles of wiring and enough creature comforts to make you feel like you're in a living room... There is so much extra weight in these things and people wonder why it only gets 17 mpg on the highway. Next time you see him maybe lean on your friend Ralph about that. Light is might!

Correct on the green truck, lo-po 400 and a granny-tranny 4 speed. Not as comfortable as the Ram and gets less MPG but not by much.

I guess you are closer to a track nowadays compared to us city boyz now. New England and Lebanon are good choices for you I guess?
Back in the day, it was really close for us to drive 20 minutes to our local city track; The Conduit. LoL.

Not much closer now than when I lived in Suffolk County. LVD is like 2 1/2 hours? Never been to NE Dragway, that's a pretty far drive all the way to New Hampshire. Island is probably closer. Atco is pretty far but it was from LI too.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500