Two heavyweights in the street world of the early 90's NYC racing scene compliments from my home slice "Haze".
Believe it or not, that Mustang owned by a quite gentleman by the name of "Raul" was down to an extremely lean weight base with the use of sneaky fiberglass hood, fenders, doors, trunk lid among other things. I guided him on installing his side plexi-glass windows and rear window. With a very small 7" tire, that stallion ran a respectable high 10's with a nervous 289 in the nest. Not much to be said by today's standards, but it was a fun ride back then and on a budget.

The Dodge on bed rest is a REAL WORLD FACTORY lightweight A-990 Hemi car and not mine, but because of it, I had a hard time finding EXHIBITION runs because he showed his cards on the clocks and I didn't. I was driving my car on the street back then as I do now and so was he. The cars were identical twins except for his high 10's elephant and my then high 11's basement built wedge. Some thought that it was an old world double switch trick between Mr. Pudlin, the owner, (RIP) and I, though it would have been a great ploy.

80s.2.jpg
Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 02/13/17 12:00 AM.