Quote:

Thanks for the inspiration!

I have lots and lots more to do, but here's a start.

I went to a Braille 17# battery and replaced the factory mounting system/battery box and also my mounting brackets for both the coil and MSD. I know this probably doesn't LOOK very light, but it saved 31# off the very nose of the truck. I opted to leave it basically in the factory location rather than add 20# worth of battery cable and battery disconnect switch to get it all to the back of the truck.

To me it looks like something out of a 1940's WWII plane. Yes, all aluminum - and lightweight!

It's a good thing the MSD is in the pic for scale - no, that is not a GIANT MSD box.
The new mount is painted black and simply disappears from view.
Yes, that's the coil tucked in there as well.

This thread is awesome for good ideas!
I'm gonna go fab some other lightweight stuff up!

Lookin good............ Been helping a friend at his upholstery shop this week so Thump`s been on hold but tonight I got most of the wiring done and got my 1/8th in. lexan for the rear windows and decided to go with a 3/16th`s windshield which I will make a template for then have this cool chassis guy Scott cut it out for me and clean up the edges which will save me some needed time. Something told me to get a new throttle cable and good thing cos mine was badly frayed and may not of even made it around the block or worse yet broke at the track. Focusing on all of this tedious weight removal stuff makes me take a look at my WHOLE car now like never before..............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....