So I've decided to take a few parts for Dad's 72 Duster under the knife. realcrazy
I have copied a few photo's from here and abroad to help me lighten the K frame. Kind of dual intent actually so if I ever have a problem I want to be able to pull the oil pan...
I kind of screwed up out of the gate not weighing the old K frame but it really doesn't matter... shruggy
I'm using a V8 74-6 style K frame and not the earlier one simply to keep everything the same as what was used on the 69 Dart. work
Never know when I may want to pull the 340 and slide a 416 in the Dart in a hurry... whistling
I plan on sourcing alum tie rod sleeves and possibly strut bars...I already have a Wilwood 4 1/2" brake conversion for the 10" drum spindles...
Should be able to knock a fair amount of weight off... up
He ate two cutoff wheels and 2 sawzall blades last night...need to cut up a little flat stock and start fabbing up a few panels. Then I'm going to bolt it back in the car and mock everything up before final welding... hop
Here's some before pictures of the victim...he's a little hinky and not the prettiest piece to start with but oh well... frowwn
(maybe he's like a big girl? Knock a little weight off and have something I can work with) boogie

007.jpgbefore.jpgbefore 3.jpgbefore 6.jpg

...FAFO...