Installed some new lighter weight parts on my Duster over the last week. The Wilwoods are pretty 'real world' parts, tons of people use 'em and they are really light. Definitely worth the cost, especially if you still have some sort of OE type brakes on.

Finally installed my Fenton Gyros too. I've had them for years sitting on the shelf, stoked I am finally putting them to use. Got them off Ebay at least 10 years ago, not a 'real world' purchase but compared to some of the wheels out there now, they were a a bargain. I really like the recent M/T 5 spokes but they are ridiculously expensive.

In any event, the Wilwood 10" drum spindle brakes (#140-11023) saved 8-10 lbs per side going from my old SSBC aluminum calipers with otherwise stock components. I couldn't get a real accurate measurement since I removed the old stuff as a unit but the Wilwoods were just put on the scale in pieces before assembly. The SSBC stuff was 34 lbs. total. Best as I could tell, the Wilwoods were 24-26 lbs.

Old.

New.

The Fentons saved about a pound over the Centerlines at 29lbs. each with tires. Maybe it's the slots...

Though I did not weigh them, these old school Cragar front runners with the Stahl tires are the lightest. I put 'em on just to see what they look like. Way too tall for my Duster, couldn't even get them on without turning the wheel in. Would look killer on a B or E body though. Back on the wall they go.

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500