Quote:

No, only because I have not been convinced that aluminum cable could carry the current needed to start the engine and keep all things going with the battery in the trunk.
ThumperDart has looked into some type of Copper coated 2 gauge aluminum cable that supposedly works, but I have not heard enough feedback to justify it.
The bulkhead connection was interestingly mentioned that could make a smaller/lighter gauge cable work.
Anyone want to add a comment to that?

I'm using the Accel "Lightening Cable" and it works great with the trunk mount battery. I have also optimized my wiring size for every wire in my car. I am even using the thin jacketed wire as well. You would be surprised how many people could get by with 18 and 20 GA wires where most "race" car wiring kits provide 14 and 16 GA wiring for everything. I think I have 20 GA going to the rear (at least 14') to power the LED tail lights. Anyway, you definately have to think outside the box when looking for places to loose weight. And no, none of it comes cheaply after the big hitters are gone.