Quote:

So winters here and what a perfect time to spend in the garage or where ever removing weight from our cars or unless your past that point then you`re probable doing something in the name of lower et`s. For all of us who`d like to see real word lightning programs and the weight lost and the real cost, let`s hear em. Like; Glass compered to lexan or removing metal as I am and the gains et wise or glass doors, deck lid etc. and can these pieces stand up on the street or sitting in the sun?

what a long time running thread...anyways..my 63 Dodge MW, had the complete nose and doors acid dipped from back in the day..the rear quarter windows were replaced with Plexi and the cranks removed but I'll replace the Plexi with Lexan...the entire interior is gutted and metal removed from the inner side of the doors...it's a back half with all metal removed from behind the driver to the rear valance...aluminum will be used to cover where steel once was plus 40" aluminum tubs.......the cage will be all Moly....rear suspension pieces (4-link) are all Moly too....front suspension is all Moly as well and the stock K member and torsion bars removed...

projected weight with a 440 based RB block and TF should be under 2800 lbs..perhaps even less...this will be mostly a street racer (cough)