Thumper.
Here's just one of a host of things I plan for the down season.

You have probably seen my Aluminum exhaust tread on here a few weeks back, well it is almost finished. I've have bought 45-90 degree mandrel bent and straight tubing to fabricate the exact turns and twist to come up with a really nice X tube exhaust system from the header collectors on back based on my old stainless system. I'm using aluminum mufflers based on the Dynomax ultra flo straight-thru design of which I am going to buy from a cat in Canada that makes some pretty awesome stuff. I just don't have the time to make 'em myself, so it would be more cost effective to go through his talents for the mufflers alone. They may be pricey to some, but his art is well deserved. Muffs can be had from anywhere between 200-300 dollars each. crazy! yes, lighter car breaking less, H$ll yeah.
Just to give an idea of the madness method, in the year 2000 my original steel system with X pipe and mufflers dumping out just before the rear end weighed in the neighborhood of 65 pounds complete.
I then in 2004 fabricated a 304 wafer thin aircraft stainless steel system using tubes mandrel bent and straight supplied by Burns stainless Co. while using the steel Dynomax ultra flos and that system narrowed down to 38 pounds.
Now this new aluminum system with aluminum mufflers as stated will bring her down to an invinsible 16 pounds complete dumping just before the rear end. The trick will be if they melt or not going down the quarter.LOL.
Seriously, I've done my research and I believe that it will survive the way I am designing it from the collectors back where the temps are much cooler than up by the heads. You have to use the right thick walled tubes, the right welding rods, the right muffler packing material and most importantly, the right hangers.
Vibration is its worst enemy.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 12/17/12 10:12 PM.