and getting rid of the "rats nest" also makes it look good with the added benefit of future electrical maintenance a breeze. i just hate a ratty wiring mess. i'm in the midst of re-doing one such mess at the present time. just on the front lighting circuit at the radiator support, i eliminated five wires and 18 [eek], yes, 18 splices ! what a mess ! of those splices, all were made using junk, cheepo terminals that were crimped wrong, and all but three crimps pulled apart by hand with no effort. this was a NEW universal harness install, installed by a guy that has absolutely no idea how to do this, and shouldn't be allowed around electrics in any way, shape, or form. i have completed the rear lighting circuit, and it was almost as bad. the underhood harness is done except finalizing the starter relay circuit, and the under dash mess is next. the wires there were just balled up and stuffed up into position anywhere they could be stuffed. the steering column connectors are spliced with at least two or three butt connectors over an approximately six inch span. i will have to try to remember to get a couple of pics of that mess before i repair it. did i mention i hate hack wiring ? flame
beer