Yes and no. The K can be a complicated piece being that it all has to be symmetrically correct so that the front end geometry stays correct and the car steers and works the suspension correctly. If so, it is indeed a lot of measuring and jigging. Yes, those factory K's were the visual pollution of Chrysler's Friday rush or Monday Blues.

Maybe... Maybe I'll give it a try some day.

The cost and the shifting of the cylinders in an aluminum block is what steered me away back when they came out. My car by no means is a daily driver, but it does see Real world heavy weight traffic and its costs when I take it out. Especially on the worlds biggest parking lot, the LIE 495.
If ever in the case I concede and go to an alloy block, I would think that the boys at BEST machine would also let me know the real A/FFX of such a beast on the street. I have a hunch that you are probably right that an alloy block could live happily ever after on the street. Right now since I run a front engine plate, the only exterior remodeling that I probably will do is cutting off Rembrandts mounting ears on the block that could amount to a couple of pounds.

As far as Aluminum doors, well my roll bar side arms would probably keep me safer than any steel door could. I'll have to post flicks of it to see the merits of it. Plus, who can deny Chrysler's lightweight artifacts. Though I'm in denial of their cost right now. LOL.

Believe this either as a stroke of luck or just good shade tree engineering. In short, my friends light weight Duster who we applied just a couple of my tricks to had a vicious spin out and hit the wall on two points both rear and front. This was at 50 MPH mind you. My Aluminum bumper brackets miraculously survived almost intact even after being directly hit from the side. The fiberglass bumper in which I was against in the first place broke in a few places but was salvageable as well. Fender was toast. Chassis was a little shifted but professionally straightened.
That being said, I've recently looked behind a few new cars inner front facades and found aluminum crash bars behind the bumper covers. Maybe these take impact and distribute the kinetic energy better through out the car. I could be wrong. With all this in mind, I drive my pup through the streets with a Grandmothers care and a sitting Gangsters stare just in case. Maybe that's why my plugs need to be cleaned up every so often.LOL.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 03/07/13 11:46 AM.