Quote:

I agree with ThumperD on the roof supports. I'd leave them in if no Full Roll cage is present.
I also have given the center cross brace some thought where the Dome light goes and figured that even though it would probably do nothing much on a roll over, it helps a little to keep the roof in its intended shape. I did remove the Dome light assembly on mine which shaved 3/4 lb.
I only have a 12 point roll bar/Halo in my car, not a cage as some of my well informed friends have indicated in the past.
Roll cage and Roll bar are two siblings of a different Father, one being Big Brother, the other being the brat kid.
In a fantasy no expense sheik type of built, I would some how have the front longitudes, K-member, fender aprons, radiator cross brace, firewall, fenders, Bumpers, hood and doors all made out of Aluminum. This would all then be bolted and super Hi-tech glued to the main body, B pillars with roof which would be made out of Titanium and the rear quarters and Bumper out of cold roll steel. In other words, the weight increases in the direction of the rear of the car.
Talk about a CG Lightweight masterpiece. Talk about wishful thinking. LOL.

Talk about wads of greenbacks.............

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....