Well. Welcome to the Lesser dome.
I'm runnin' out the door at the moment, but let me add briefly that yes, getting a car too light could pose a serious problem. Look no further than the aerodynamic and stable problems the Dodge Hemi Colts had back in the early 70's. Possibly killing one of our best drivers ever. The late Don Carlton.
I even think that Sox and Martin disliked the cars as well. Those cars as were from the factory floor deserved the small block in the meanest of ways in my book. I would never had built a Hemi Colt just based on the front to rear weight ratio. totally a basket case. Even the factory altered wheel base cars had a bundle to deal with at top end.
I personally picked the Dodge over the Plymouth's because they were more mean looking to me and in my case, lighter than the 64's in stock civilian form. I have also always dreamed of driving and racing a true Factory light weight so of course after extensive research, I fell upon creating a 64' 2% car on a 65' chassis using hand made/ and or factory lightweight parts, except the Hemi.

I'll fill in on more details and tales later. But welcome to our insanity for the vanity of going fast and having a motor to last.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 03/06/13 11:44 AM.