Originally Posted by RustyM
72 DUSTER Doors, help me lose weight.
I keep hearing there is an electric window set up, cable type, that loses a good deal of weigh, but it seems its like sasquatch or somehing, i hear about it, but cannot find them.
Secondly, anyone have the disassembly sheet for window assembly?
Any other ideas for practically removing the larger weight issues other than just using a seat belt strap?

Thanks ahead of time as usual.

I kinda remember posting about this a while back but never followed up on it.There are definitely generic 'street rod' kits out there but you'd probably have to spend some time figuring out how to adapt them to our cars. Check Summit/Jegs/Speedway eytc. Pretty sure Speedway carries a lot of that type of stuff. Proglass Lexan windows that retain the factory curvature are really cool items though not terribly cheap.

Dusters are fairly light to begin with, does no take too much to get them down around 3,000 lbs. even without messing with the door structures. When I weighed mine ('71) it was just a tick over 3,000 (without me in it). That was with a full interior, flat steel hood and a full tank of gas. Added a CM roll bar a few years ago but that was offset with a 'glass hood, lighter brakes, aluminum fuel tank and few other odds'n'ends,

'71 Duster
'17 Ram 1500