Milidon oil pump weight loss continued. In my last reply I showed how a Milidon pump body was 1LB 12.7 OZ lighter than the stock oil pump. Today I received my Titanium hardware and can post the rest of the story! In my first picture I show a stock pump weighing in at 7LBS 8.1 OUNCES. In my second picture I show the old hardware weighing in at 7.9 OUNCES!
In my third picture is the new Titanium hardware weighing in at 4.6 OUNCES! The last picture shows the Milidon pump body with the Milidon pump cover and Titanium hardware weighing in at 4LBS 13.9 OUNCES!!
The total weight loss for this project is 2LBS 10.2 OUNCES way up front and off the nose of the car!
In review the pump body is the biggest bang for the buck at 1LB 12.7 OZ
Next is the pump cover at 10.2 OUNCES ( most expensive piece! )
Last is the hardware at 3.3 OUNCES
I am going to replace the external fitting on the Milidon pump cover with a plug as I'm going to run the stock internal pickup. The plug should shave another ounce off!
Before you order expensive hardware the Milidon pump cover is thicker than the stock cover by 1/2"! So wait till you get it and measure for the new hardware. On to the next idea?
MJ

JUNE 4729.JPGJUNE 4730.JPGJUNE 4731.JPGJUNE 4732.JPG