And on a related note... i went into the city today to pick up a ratty rear valance for my 74 Challenger... and ended up driving home with a full 70-1 quarter panel, trunklid, valence, two really nice fiberglass fenders and a brand new super-fancy aluminum driveshaft! Had that ALL jammed into the back ov my lil '00 Celica. Hahahahahah. Also secured a TA hood this weekend. So thats 100lbs weight loss in one weekend...

To go with my very recently purchased:
aluminum intake
aluminum pulleys
19lb rims
aluminum rad
70 rear bumper and brackets (replacing the massive 74 sh!te)

Getting a 20lb steel flywheel too... so thats another 10lbs gone.

Bought a ratty trunklid i can HACK... so should find 10lbs in there.
Gonna hack my 74 frt bumper/brackets and make it a 70 (that'll be a pile o weight)

On the other hand, i just upgraded the build to a HP McLeod pressure plate (over the flimsy Luk one i'd originally bought), and thats gonna slam me 5lbs, and i've decided to go 3" exhaust instead ov 2.5"... not sure how much that'll hit me though. Exhaust and tire size are the two places i utterly refuse to compromise performance over weight.

I've always used Scirocco (Recaro) buckets in my Mopars, and they're 33lbs (factory bucket is 60lbs), but i've gotten used to the ones in my Celica GTS... and they cant be 25lbs... so i might just go score a set. They look nicer too. The Scirocco seats fit and perform amazing... but they look weird.

These cars scale out around 3550 with the Rallye package and 4-speed, and by my math, before i even begin to look for the little stuff or trim/modify anything i'm already down pretty much 300lbs. This thing should be sitting at 3100lbs before i even start really attacking the mass... And once i start working... theres an easy 50lbs in the doors, or more, and another 50lbs in the chassis, then deleting PS and PB, not to mention fiberglass valences and trunklid, the engine i'm building will be an easy 30lbs lighter... Think i can get it sub-3000 before spending the big money or getting too creative. Not bad for a daily driving road-racer...