I would like to update everyone on my 5 3/4" plastic headlight project. I have scanned the internet for plastic headlights and I finally found one that said the lens was composite. So I had to order a pair. When I got them the lens was thick flat glass and the housing was composite !@#$%^&*()_!
So today I finally had a chance to go to my local salvage yard that has at least 1,000 cars and trucks in it. I took my tools and a 5 3/4 headlight ring with me. The first headlight that looked promising was a BMW. After I got it apart the lens was cut off at the top like the new Challengers. So then I decided to look for a plastic cover that I could cut what I needed out of. I finally found a 1996 Chevy Blazer with a wide plastic headlight cover. I show it in my first picture. Then I cut out what I needed and put it in my headlight retainer ring. It looks pretty good and even has the wide flute pattern like the original headlights! I show it in my second picture. This piece of plastic weighs 2.5 ounces compared to a 12.5 ounce headlight. I am going and try to attach it to the grill and remove the headlight buckets and bracket.
MJ

MAY 3828.JPGMAY 3829.JPG