Well then, okay. If indeed Jim's Bronx based 65'Coronet was a lightweight, it must have been a home made specimen since the radiator support that I've got from such car is not of the thin gauge variety. Factory A-990's came through with them as part of their weight loss program along with the other well known items.

At first, one suspect thing about it was that it is originally white, and a good portion of the 100 or so A-990 Dodge's came through in white. What settled the mystery was no signs of the flat black over spray from the deleted inner headlights area on the A-990's.
I've inspected that piece to the up most and the gauge of the metal seems to be of the regular production run gauge thickness. If indeed this Dodge was authentic, then Chrysler's murky waters just got murkier since lots of strange things happened in between the product planning boards, actual stamping procedures and testing along with timing schedules and end results stemming from such hurdles.
Skicker, that rad support helped me out greatly in not having to experiment on my own chassis without knowing if the idea would work. Now we know that it works and I can weld back the pieces to restore the support as I first received it.

Last edited by fullmetaljacket; 02/13/17 02:15 PM.