Wilwood disc brake weight info for Mopar 10" drum spindles.
Years ago I bought a Wilwood disc brake kit from a friend that had never been used. The kit is 140-2711B and mounts on the Mopar B Body 10" drum spindles. The weight of the kit was 33lbs and for me saved over 20 lbs, a lot of it rotating on the front end of the car.
If I would have ordered the kit I could have gotten 140-2711BD with drilled rotors and had a kit weight of 32 lbs. I could have also specified the Billet Dynalite calipers and got it down to 31 1/2 lbs. So recently I have been trying to buy replacement pads and possibly drilled rotors. The drilled rotors are still available and will save me a pound while I'm swapping them out any way! But the pads are discontinued and the new ones are heavier by about a half pound! I was able to buy a set of old stock ones.
The billet calipers are also discontinued and replaced by forged calipers! This adds another 1 1/2 pounds to the kit.
So the bottom line is that if you order the standard 140-2711B kit today it now weighs 35 lbs! I verified this Wilwood this week!
Wilwood is selling the heavier calipers by stating that they are stronger than the old style. Just info sharing.
MJ